Monday, May 5, 2014

Bout of Books 10.0

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 12th and runs through Sunday, May 18th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 10 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team

Happy Monday!  
So just recently I decided to participate in the Bout of Books Read-a-Thon! I posted up a video up on my channel stating the books that I plan to read. If you haven’t checked it out, please do!




In this post I will be sharing my plans/objectives for the Read-a-thon. As the official blurb indicates, the read-a-thon runs for a full week. So this is how I’ll be tackling the read-a-thon: 

My Goals: 
  • Read a book in a day. I have yet to check this off my bookish bucket list. So hopefully one of the books that I’ve mentioned will be the book that I read in a day. 
  • Read at least 250 pages a day. The books I selected are more than 300 pages. Hopefully I can do this. 
  • Finish more than 1 book. This is actually also on my bookish bucket list. Normally, I would read 1 book per week. But since this is a Read-a-Thon, and I’m trying to cross things off my bucket list. Might as well kill two birds with one stone. 

My Book Selection: 


Eona by Alison Goodman  I’ve already started reading this book. So I’m expecting to finish this during the Read-a-Thon. I have about 399 pages left on this book. 

The Thing You Kiss Goodbye by Leslie Connor  

Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo 

The Fellowship of the Ring by J. R. R. Tolkien 


I plan on posting on Goodreads (if it’s not down) and Twitter. I also will try to post on this blog my progress, just to maybe give myself a break from the reading. I will definitely post a wrap-up post that will state my overall progress. I’m so excited guys!



No comments:

Post a Comment